Everything you need to know before you visit!
The Lincoln County Apple Festival is held on Main Street in downtown Lincolnton. The Lincoln County Courthouse serves as a the focal point for the festival and is a great landmark for visitors.
From the east or west: take Highway 27 toward downtown and follow the detour signs. From the north or south: take Highway 321 to Highway 27/150. Take Exit 24, head west toward downtown, and follow the detour signs.
If you’re using your GPS, set the address to 114 East Main Street, Lincolnton and just look for the crwd. You can’t miss it! Park and join us!
Parking is in ample supply at the Lincoln County Apple Festival. While many people enjoy parking along the curb on a neighboring street and walking the few blocks to Main Street, others prefer the parking lot approach. There are several options:
Kiwanis Club Shuttle: Just think: no traffic! For just $2 round trip per person, you may hitch a ride the shuttle from the Lincolnton High School parking lot on N. Aspen Street right to the edge of the festival.
Lion’s Club Parking: For only $5, you may park just just steps from Main Street, convenient for securely stowing your purchases while you enjoy the festivities. Lion’s Club parking lots are located behind Raymond James Financial Services at 517 East Main Street, behind First Citizens Bank at 112 North Laurel Street, and behind First Citizen’s Bank at 425 East Main Street.
Remember that several streets flanking the Apple Festival will be blocked to traffic. The best way to access the Lion’s Club parking lots is to turn right at the Lincolnton Police Department at the corner of Main and Flint Streets, go one block, and turn left onto Sycamore. Soon you’ll see Lions in their yellow vests to direct you.
Gaston College: If you park at Gaston College on S. Aspen Street, you’ll only be a couple of blocks from Main. Just be careful crossing the street, as you will need to cross two open streets before you reach the Festival.
Behind Freedom Church: The Crisis Pregnancy Center benefits when you park here. Located at the corner of Sycamore and Academy, park just one block off Main in the heart of the Festival for only $5.
A very limited amount of special needs parking is accessible from S. Aspen St. in the Bank of America parking lot and across the street at Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Stop at the barricade on South Aspen Street for entry as long as there is space available.
- No personal coolers
- No smoking or alcohol
- No solicitation, food samples, or distribution of literature including flyers, letters, business cards, petitions, raffle tickets except by registered, paid vendors.
- No business “characters” in costume except as part of the Festival or registered, paid vendors.
- No voice amplification or temporary podiums or stands.
- No oversized signs (larger than letter-sized 8.5″ x 11″ paper)
- Freedom Church at 125 E. Main St. invites you in for a cool place out of the sun and humidity. Eat your lunch, have a cold drink, and refresh yourself. The Freedom Church Youth Center at 102 Court Square will also be open for your comfort.
- First Presbyterian Church also invites Apple Festival visitors to enjoy a respite in their shaded park, located beside the church at 114 West Main Street. There is a play area for the children and free cool water for everyone while you enjoy a tranquil moment among the trees.
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church offers children’s activities and free water in their parking lot.
- The Lincoln County Citizen’s Center on W. Main Street is an especially good place for bibliophiles to duck in from the sun and bag a bargain at the Lincoln County Library’s annual used book sale.
Remember, pace yourself by taking a rest in the shade of the Court Square or browse one of our many downtown businesses.
Just remember to stay well hydrated, wear a hat, and don’t forget the sunscreen! Don’t forget the stroller, and bring a wagon for that bag of apples you’ll buy.
Hampton Inn, 129 Roper Drive – 704-736-2000
Comfort Inn, 1550 E. Main St. – 704-479-6379
Days Inn, 614 Clark Drive – 704-735-8271