Lincoln County non-profit organizations will be eligible to have an education/public awareness exhibit or fund-raising booth. Any Lincoln County merchant who has purchased booth space is eligible to set up an exhibit and sell at the Apple Festival. The remainder of the street booths who are business must be for information purposes only and are not allowed to sell. These exhibits are for the purpose of informing the general public of what is available in Lincoln County.
Booth Fee: Non profit non selling – $35; All others – $110
If you are not currently a vendor and are interested in having a booth at the 2014 Lincoln County Apple Festival, please call Joyce Dorsey at 704-736-8452 after January 1, 2014. The names of all those who have expressed an interest in being vendors will be submitted to the Apple Festival Booth Committee. The committee will issue invitations to those who are selected to participate. Registration details will be provided when the invitation is sent out. Returning vendors must register at each year’s festival for the following year’s event. Please make check payable to LINCOLN COUNTY APPLE FESTIVAL and take to the INFORMATION BOOTH ON THE MEDIAN ON WEST MAIN STREET, or HAVE READY TO GIVE TO JOYCE AT 7:00AM ON THE DAY OF THE FESTIVAL.
Important Information for the day of the Festival
Vendors may enter festival grounds at 4:30 a.m. to begin setting up booths. Please pull in, drop off your booth items and leave the area immediately. All vehicles must be off festival grounds by 7:30 a.m. If you sell out, you may break down your booth but will not be able to leave until 4:30 p.m. Booth areas must be cleaned up and all materials removed by 6:00 p.m. No vehicles are allowed on the lawn. All booths should provide their own trash receptacle with plastic bags for their own use. If your organization has a food booth, you may give out information about your organization from that booth.
Festival Vehicle Passes: Two vehicle passes will be mailed to the contact person listed on the application the week before the Apple Festival. After barricades are in place, a vehicle pass will be necessary to enter the festival area. Police officers (and or attendants) at the barricades will expect to see a pass.
A traffic lane must be kept open for the fire department around the court square and the north side of the center lane on East Main Street. Police will issue tickets to violators. An Emergency First Aid station, manned by the Lincoln County Lifesaving Crew, will be located on the west side of the courthouse.
Quick Tips for a Better Festival!
- Food items or crafts cannot to be sold from a street booth. Activities must be restricted to within your allotted space.
- Please do not sell anything from your booth other than what is listed on your application.
- Generators and power are not allowed.
- Please do not use more than the allocated space for any part of supplies equipment or shelter. Tents or portable shelters may be used if they fit the allocated space. Guy wires, stakes and ropes are not allowed.
- DO NOT block fire hydrants
- The Apple Festival does not have rain dates. Exhibit fees are non-refundable.
- An exhibit fee is $110 for businesses and non-profits with the intent to sell. A fee of $35 is charged for non-profits not selling. Applications and monies will not be accepted at the Extension office.