Adams Apple and Eve’s Fig Leaf Pie – 2010 Grand Prize Winner
Stan Friedland was the 2010 Grand Prize Winner with his wonderful recipe. Congratulations Stan!
Adams Apple and Eve’s Fig Leaf Pie
1 box Pillsbury Pie Crust
4 cups peeled and sliced apples
1/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 oz. fig preserves
8 oz. cream cheese (1 package)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (use only 4 oz. of it)
1 small package mini marshmallows
- Toss flour, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg with sliced apples.
- Fill the bottom piecrust with the above apple blend.
- Blend cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 4 oz. sweetened condensed milk (enough to soften the cheese, so it’s spreadable) and layer on top of apples.
- Spread fig preserves on top of cheese layer.
- Cover figs with mini marshmallows.
- Close pie with top crust. If you want to make it fancy, decorate as desired. I slice my pie crust into 1 inch strips and give a little twist.
- Pain top crust with light coat of milk and dust with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to put aluminum foil on edges for the first 20 minutes to prevent excess browning.